Welcome to Being Me! Before getting into the legal details, we want to start with the most important thing. We understand that your journal entry, goal and habit data is your personal, private information. This personal data is yours and yours alone and we do not sell or share the information in any way. The information is only used as part of the services we offer directly to you. Being Me is your safe, protected and private space and always will be.
Now for the legal details:
Make Your Meaning LLC
2211 Castro St
San Francisco, CA 94131
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and you are not allowed to use the Website or provide information on it if you are under 13 years of age.
3. Collection of Information
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users register on our Website, place an order, fill out a form, follow our company on social media, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website.
We collect several types of information from Users on the Website, including both PII and non-PII:
- Your contact information when you sign up for an account, such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Your payment information if you pay for a subscription to the Website, including credit card and billing information;
- Additional information that you voluntarily enter as you engage with the Website, such as journal entry, goal and habit information;
- Information about your internet connection, geographic region, the equipment you use to access the Website, and Website usage details.
Users can always refuse to supply PII, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website-related activities.
4. Cookies / Do Not Track Signals
5. Use & Sharing of Information
We understand that your journal entry, goal and habit data is your personal, private information. That data is yours and yours alone and we do not sell or share the information in any way. The information is only used as part of the services we offer directly to you.
In particular, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To help develop, provide, and improve the Website and its services to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To other users to the extent that you specifically choose to share it with them using the functionality on the Website.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- In any other way we specifically describe when you provide the information.
We understand that the security of your data is very important. Our Website uses state of the art data collection, storage, processing and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and other data stored on our Website. In particular:
- Any sensitive and private data exchanged between the Website and its Users is done using an SSL-secured communication channel, encrypted and protected using public key encryption and digital signatures.
- All data stored on our servers is encrypted under the 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard and each encryption key is itself encrypted with a regularly rotated set of master keys.
- We regularly audit the security practices and systems to ensure the highest level of security possible for your data.
7. Third-Party Content
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may change frequently. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
8. Retention Time and User Rights (User Data Deletion Requests)
9. Changes to This Policy
10. Last Update
This document was last updated on June 7, 2021.